Frequently asked questions
Please bring two towels and your BSN number.
You do not need a referral as acupuncture is labelled as alternative care.
Bekijk het uitgebreide PDF document.
This depends on the type of complaint and on how long you have had that complaint. You will need more than one treatment.
The first treatment takes 90 minutes. It consists of an intake and placing the needles. Any follow-up treatments are for 60 minutes.
From my professional association, I have to ask some questions about COVID-19 every time you visit. The questions are listed below.
- Have you had a confirmed corona infection?
- Do you think you have had a corona infection?
- If you answered yes to question 1 or 2: are you free of complaints for more than 24 hours?
- Have you been in contact with a COVID-19 patient?
- If you answered yes to question 4: was it more than 14 days ago?
- Have you had one or more of the following symptoms now or in the past 24 hours:
- (nose) cold such as coughing, or sneezing *,
- runny nose or sore throat
- loss of smell and / or taste
- fever (38 degrees or higher)
- burning eyes *
- fatigue *
- feeling sick and / or diarrhoea *
- shortness of breath
- Do you have housemates / family members who now have, or have (had) a fever or shortness of breath less than 14 days ago?
You can phone or text to 06-42 82 68 44 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acupuncture is partially reimbursed by most insurers, provided you have an additional care package. You can check this with your insurance company. The reimbursement is not at the expense of your annual personal contribution.
Placing the needles shouldn’t hurt. Sometimes a spot may be sensitive when the needle is placed. Most clients experience the treatment as pleasant and relaxing.
Absolutely. Children are young and respond well and quickly to acupunctural treatments. The treatments are shorter than those for the adults. For children the treatments are also reimbursed by the insurance if you have an additional care package.